Shout-out to the Book Addicted Reader for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Much like other new bloggers, I had no idea what this was, but I think it’s a great way to share the love. So thanks, BAR.
11 Facts about Me:
- I just started fostering a cat, bringing our little house to a total of 5 humans, 1 dog, 1 hedgehog, and 1 cat.
- For a while there I gave up reading YA novels because I thought I was supposed to be mature enough to read adult books, but now that I’m older I read YA novels as much as possible.
- I go to school in North Carolina.
- I played the French Horn for like 14 years.
- My roommate and I are using milk crates to store and stack our clothes.
- When I lived in Colorado I went snowboarding every Friday.
- I lived with my family in the same house for 21 years.
- Two years ago I shaved my head, and I’ve only cut my hair twice since then.
- I love shopping the yogurt aisle for discount yogurts.
- I want to have a farm of guinea pigs when I grow up.
- I’m interning with a Council on Aging for the next four months.
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge who has nominated you and thank them.
- Give 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator (is that a word?) has given you.
- Nominate 3-11 bloggers and give them 11 questions of your own.
1. What is your favourite book to film adaptation?
Definitely The Count of Monte Cristo. I’ve watched it so many times and it never gets old.
2. What is your least favourite book to film adaptation?
My least favorite would have to be Ender’s Game. That movie broke my heart because the book was so wonderful and I couldn’t get through the first five minutes of the movie.
3. If you could have a dinner party with five authors, who would they be?
Ridley Pearson because he’s a good cook; L.C. Mawson because she seems really lovely and I’d like to chat with her; Jeanette Walls because I bet she’d have some interesting life stories; Janet Mock because she’s literally amazing; and I don’t know… Maybe Stephen King to record it all murder mystery style? The last one’s difficult to pick.
4. What is your favourite book series? I don’t read very many series anymore. I tend to go for novels because often series don’t pique my interest. That being said, I still remember enjoyed the Mortal Instruments series, I thought about rereading it recently.
I also really liked The Night Circus and wanted so badly for there to be at least a sequel.
5. Who is your favourite author?
This is again a difficult question. I have a lot of favorites. I really like both of Jeanette Walls’ books. Most of the authors I’ve read I’ve only read one of their books.
6. What book do you want to see become a film? I think Moloka’i’ would make a really good, really sad movie.
7. Do you have a book boyfriend/girlfriend, and if so, who?
I really like Jace from the Mortal Instruments. He’s got a lot going on. But then also Inej from Six of Crows… She has so much depth as well.
8. Favourite relationship in a book? I have to say I really enjoyed the friendship between the girl (can’t remember her name, terrible memory) and her uncle in Moloka’i’, and then her uncle’s lover. They had really strong bonds that were lovely and heart-wrenching to watch unfold.
9. Any book series’ that you dislike/think are overrated? I started reading Divergent, but didn’t enjoy it. I haven’t read any of the other books in the series. I thought the movie was okay, but couldn’t sit still.
10. Favourite villain in a book?
I really like Amy from Gone Girl. Not everyone will see her as a villain, but I believe she was, and she’s smart and good at it, too.
11. What do you look for in a book?
Oh, man, there’s so much. In the interest of saving your time and mine, I’ll link you back to a short discussion article I wrote here.
- What is your favorite YA novel?
- Would you rather work out in high heels or naked?
- What book, movie, or TV show did you always want there to be a sequel for?
- Cuba or Russia?
- What always makes you smile even when a thought just passes through your mind?
- What is the best pair of shoes that you’ve ever owned?
- What is the worst gift you’ve ever received?
- Pen or pencil?
- When was the last time you walked five miles?
- How did you choose your blog name?
- If you could learn any five languages without trying, which would you learn?